Before we actually get into the different models of the best ultrabook let us take a look at some of the strong reasons why an individual should go for an ultrabook and not a laptop.
An ultrabook is much lighter than most of the laptops so it is much easier to carry them around. They weigh about 3 pounds and have a thickness of less than 1 inch so you if you want to put it in your bag you can do that too. Women, take note! Depending on if you carry the size handbag that I do, you can even fit one in there when on the move.
Check Out Our 2017 Post on the Best Ultrabooks: Best Ultrabook 2017 – The 10 Winners Might Surprise You!
One of the top complaints from many people about laptops is that they have a very lousy battery life, well, the good news is that these ultrabooks have fantastic battery life that will leave no room for you to complain about them. (And check out our post on 7 Laptops with Best Battery Life for more on that topic….)
The charge in the battery lasts for 8 hours, so it basically it means you can complete a lot of work in a single charge. Also allows you time to use it for a day and then get it home to charge up overnight.
People who are tablet users feel that they do not get the complete experience from those as that of a laptop and that is someplace the ultraboooks improve on. These gadgets give the users the exact feeling like that of a laptop. So basically the gadget is able to combine the best of both worlds.
Security has been a source of concern for most users in more recent years and the good part is that these ultrabooks offer very high security with technology that provides identity protection and anti-theft technology. The anti theft technology allows you to cut off the data access no matter where you are located. So if your ultrabook gets lost you can cut off all access to the data.
The more recent ultrabooks use processors that are energy efficient and are much faster than the ones found on the regular, more traditional laptop. Ultrabooks use SSD drives, so you no longer have to wait till the operating system loads. In fact you will be operating the computer within a few minutes. These drives are durable, compact and give you high speed performance.
You May Be Interested In : What’s the Best Samsung Tablet?
Any individual who wants to have a high speed computer that can be carried around anywhere then an ultrabook is what he or she should buy. There is no doubt that this gadget is worth it. An ultrabook is more expensive than many of the usual laptops (depending upon make, model and features) but then good things do not come cheap.
Some of the Best Ultrabooks:
Pros in the technology field have validated ultrabooks by stating that they are coolest gadgets to have hit the market. A recent survey has revealed that people are no longer interested in carrying laptops that are too heavy and bulky. Personally I know that lugging any of my laptops is becoming a burden I’d like to avoid most of the time if I can.
Interested in the best ultrabook on the market? Here’s a list of top ultrabooks to consider:
ASUS Zenbook UX305
ASUS Zenbook UX305 is a super built and attractive ultrabook that is thin and light in weight. This ultrabook can effectively take on tasks from browsing the web, watching videos, typing or editing images. It also has a perfect battery life that last long enough. One of the most striking things about the UX305 is that it comes priced at $749.99.
UX305LA uses a high quality IPS display with a wide color gamut, so the colors you see on the screen are actually accurate, realistic and clear. This means Zenbook UX305 has an awesome technology that gives you vivid and accurate colors no matter what you are watching. This ultrabook is designed to go everywhere you go. It’s also packed simple, elegant and lightweight hood is the latest fifth generation Intel Core i5 processor and 256GB all-flash storage for fast and responsive mobile performance. Other features include:
- 3-inch matte anti-glare wide-angle IPS Full HD display for up to 1920 by 1080 resolution with an ultra-wide 178-degree viewing angle
- Signature ZenBook aluminum unibody just over half an inch thin and less than 3lbs
- Dual-band 2-stream 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 for high-speed wireless connectivity
- Windows 10 preinstalled
This was one of the first to have been launched in India and Europe and is still going strong in the market. This ultrabook has some of the coolest features that are listed below.
• The screen measures about 14 Inches and has a resolution of about 1366×768 pixels.
• The Intel Core i5 3317u processor which gives high speed performance
• The Intel HD 4000 graphics provides top notch graphics
• Headphone jack, gigabit Lan and a HDMI port are some of the other features that don’t fail to amaze.
Acer Aspire Touchscreen Ultrabook
Acer Aspire Ultrabook is a beautifully slim, tough and light. It features a 4th generation Intel Core processor and has up to 7 hours battery life. The keyboard auto-illuminates to the perfect glow for comfortable use in dim settings, while Acer TwinAir cooling makes this Ultrabook a pleasure to hold. The cover is made from Gorilla Glass 2 so it’s thin and light, scratch resistant, easy to clean, strong and beautiful. From the look to the feeling, every aspect of the Aspire S7 is designed with cutting-edge technology for a better touch experience.
The patented Dual-Torque Hinge makes it easy to open the Aspire S7 lid with just one hand, and keeps the display wobble-free against finger touch force for excellent touchscreen use. It also allows the display to open completely flat for better sharing and collaboration.
Other key Features:
- 13.3″ Full HD widescreen CineCrystal™ LED-backlit display: (1920 x 1080) resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4500U Processor 1.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.0GHz
- Windows 8
- Intel® HD Graphics 4400 with 128MB of dedicated system memory
- 8GB DDR3 Memory
- 256GB SSD drive in RAID 0 configuration
- Digital Media Card Reader – Secure Digital® (SD)
If you are looking for an ultrabook that is more manageable in terms of size then the Toshiba Satellite U50T is just perfect for you!
A Core i5 3317u CPU provides more than above average performance without any technical problems.
• The screen measures about 13.3 inch screen and has a screen resolution that is very good.
• The hard disk capacity is 500GB which is the same as just about any laptop in the marketplace.
• You will have access to a 32SSD scratch disk
• The operating system is Windows 7
• You will have access to a Bluetooth 4.0
If you are on the lookout for best ultrabook on the market then this ultrabook should be on the top of your list at all times!
This is the most anticipated gadget to come around in awhile and it is finally here! This ultrabook has very impressive features that are discussed in detail below.
• The best thing about this ultrabook is the resolution which is a very impressive 1600 x 1900 and with this cool screen you can actually edit two different documents on a single screen.
• The specs include Windows 7(64 bit), Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, HDMI and mini VGA
This ultrabook is quite expensive when compared to some of its competitors. It is priced at approx $1500USD (or about Rs 100,000 in India). In spite of the steep price point, this ultrabook has sold quite well due to its features and technology.
Samsung 5 13.3 Ultrabook
If you like using Samsung laptops then you will surely love using this cool gadget as it some of the best features that are listed below. We’re becoming huge fans of Samsung products lately from the few that we’ve been testing, so checking this one out was definitely of interest to us!
• The processor is Core i5 2467m and it gives flawless performances; so you can actually process huge volumes of data without any problems.
• The Intel HD 3000 will let you enjoy high quality graphics
• This ultrabook also offers a full sized port for HDMI
• You will also have access to a Lan for Ethernet
This cool ultrabook costs approximately $1000 in USD.
When you are looking for the best ultrabook on the market you can safely choose the Series 9 Np900X1b with its high definition screen. This ultrabook is very popular with the general public.
• Since this has a HD screen you will be able to have incredible resolution of 1920 x 1080 and the screen measures 13.3 inches.
• The Intel Core i5 2467M processors has two cores that can take care of 4 threads simultaneously.
• The chassis of this ultrabook is quite thin and so you will find a small LAN Port and a micro HDMI Port.
This is quite an affordable yet solid ultrabook and one should consider buying it as it comes with several impressive features especially considering it’s price point.
• The screen is 13.3 inches but very impressive at the same time as you get a lot of clarity.
• The gadget comes with an in built 3GB RAM that facilitates fast performance at all times.
• The operating system is Linux
So these are our top favorites for the best ultrabook on the market and in the best ultrabooks 2016 category! Check them all out and you should choose the one that suits your requirements the best.
Let us know which ones you have tried and what you think in the comments below!